ORGANISING AN OCEAN SWIM
For information on orgainising ocean swim event please Click here.
What is a Special Event?
Is your Club holding a Special Event or are you acting as Water Safety for a Special Event?
The following information will help your Club complete the Special Event Application Form.
Surf Life Saving is involved in many events and activities, many of them involve our core activity of water safety,
aquatic sport and public safety. Others are taken on as part of fundraising or social activities.
A “special event” is any event outside the parameters of normal club/branch activity that involves some aspect of surf
lifesaving involvement (advice, safety or organisation)
Most special events involve members of the public participating in an activity run by the club or a third party, however
many may only involve members engaged in non routine activities that require endorsement by the organisation.
Examples of special events include:
- Ocean swims
- Sports events such as triathlons, biathlons or beach volleyball
- Fetes, fun carnivals and public exhibitions
- Aquatic safety supervision away from the clubs patrol area
- Community education programs involving aquatic water safety or instruction
- Non organisational approved surf carnivals, boat events or events using our brand, gear, personnel etc.
- Events conducted outside of the Surf Sports manual
- First Aid posts – for example at concerts or sporting events
- School picnics lifesaving patrols
Associated Forms and Information
- Special Event Procedures
- Application for Special Event - Activity Safety Risk Plan
- Application for Special Event - Event Sanctioning and Management
- Application for Special Event - Event Organiser Details Form
- Application for Special Event - Contract for Service
- Application for Licence to Stage an Event - Newcastle
- Application for Licence to Stage an Event - Lake Macquarie
- Application for Licence to Stage an Event - Port Stephens
- Application for an Aquatic Licence
- Aquatic Licence Guide