Casual Positions - Surf Education Instructor
Hunter Branch Surf Lifesaving is now calling for Casual Surf Education Instructors (paid positions) to facilitate our summer school and beach programs. Our Beach Awareness Program is designed for children from pre-school age, the Surf Fun Safe programs for primary school and Surf Survival for Secondary schools to increase the importance of staying safe at the beach.
Our key program “Surf Fun Safe” promotes student participation in a beach environment.
The Hunter Branch requires casual Surf Education Instructors from October 2018 (Term 4) and for Programs from February to March (Term 1) 2019.
- Applicants will need to be a minimum of 17 years of age – or completed Year 10 and a current Financial member of a Surf Lifesaving Club
- Applications will need to include a resume outlining qualifications, skills and experiences within and outside of Surf Life Saving – if you are a returning staff member this is not essential
- Copies of two (2) recent references from previous employers or referees should be included – if you are a returning staff member this is not essential.
- A current list of awards and expiry dates. At a minimum a proficient Bronze Medallion and Apply First Aid (proof required)
- Demonstrate ability to carry out safety procedures and use appropriate safety equipment.
- Employment screening is required in accordance with Current Working With Children Check – WWC number is required if over 18 years of age.
- Current Driver's Licence
- Other SLS awards: Advanced Resuscitation Techniques or Spinal Management
All applications must include the Application Form and CV and be addressed to:
Community Education Officer
Hunter Surf Lifesaving
Application close on Monday 24th September 2018